The National Youth Leadership Forum (NYLF): Digital Media, Film & Journalism in New York & Los Angeles program, in partnership with the New York Film Academy, is the nation’s foremost digital media experience for outstanding high school students who are passionate about exploring career options in the digital media field.
Digital Media, Film & Journalism
About the Program
A seven-day creative journey, this exciting summer high school program puts you in the heart of New York City or Los Angeles. NYLF Digital Media, Film & Journalism inspires you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to lead in a multi-media, digital world. Join your high-achieving peers in workshops and simulations that give you experience in digital production, journalism, film editing and audio and video broadcasts.
Experience life on a college campus at Manhattan College in New York City or Occidental College in Los Angeles, where you will reside at the program. Return home from NYLF Digital Media, Film & Journalism, more confident about your college and career choices!
Activities & Benefits
Gain a valuable head start on your career in digital media when you attend the NYLF Digital Media, Film & Journalism program.
At NYLF Digital Media, Film & Journalism, you will:
- Explore a variety of multimedia professions through the program’s interactive curriculum, simulation exercises, specially-arranged site visits and skills development workshops.
- Meet and interact with prominent speakers and journalists. Past speakers include Steve Kandell, Features Editor for BuzzFeed, Amy Ellis Nutt, Pulitzer Prize Recipient and Science Writer, The Washington Post; Irving W. Washington, III, Deputy Director of the Online News Association; and Samuel Freedman, New York Times Columnist, Columbia University Professor and Pulitzer Prize Finalist.
- Travel to your choice of New York City or Los Angeles for a hands-on digital media experience, in partnership with the New York Film Academy in both locations.
- Enhance your scholastic credentials as you prepare for the college application process, university life and a rewarding career.
- Absorb the culture and excitement at the heart of New York City when you visit Times Square, or in Los Angeles, experience the iconic Hollywood Walk of Fame and the TCL Chinese Theatre.
By completing this program, you are eligible for college credit from Loras College. You will also receive a New York Film Academy Certificate of Completion for 2015 in this career field of study.
|New York, NY||Manhattan College||July 9-15 | July 18-24|